Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I THINK I'LL FLY - BY PLANE

My youngest son Brian, has been sky diving but I think I'll take a larger conveyance for my journey to Boston! I leave tomorrow. After driving 14 hours, 10 hours one day and 6 the next, I arrived back in Oak Harbor. As I drove over the Deception Pass Bridge, I shouted a loud YEAH, I'M HOME! Oak Harbor really does feel like home. It was nice to sleep in my own bed, make a cup of tea and just relax quietly. Charlie did really well on the trip. He's a great companion, I just wished he'd say something, or at least laugh at my jokes - oh well maybe in the next life.

Charlie is staying home this trip. He's going out to George and Vickie's north 40 with Brandy - George's dog. They get along well so I think Charlie will enjoy the vacation. He'll be able to run free, play with a friend, and get spoiled by George and Vickie - I hope he behaves himself.

I'm looking forward to Boston. I'll see Gus, and Bryan. Will is in Russia. Christie, Will's girlfriend has always wanted to go to Russia. He bought an engagement ring and, while they are in Russia, he is going to ask her to marry him. The younger generation certainly does things in a big way. Gus asked me to marry him in the Dedham Mall, in Dedham, Massachusetts, as we passed a jewelry store. Looks like we'll have a wedding in the future. I won't get to see Kathryn because she's in Philadelphia and I don't think I'll have time to go down there. She is moving out here to Eugene, Oregon in November, which is only 6 hours away from Whidbey Island.

Travel is exciting, exhilarating and tiring. I'm going to make sure on this leg of the journey that I spend one day sitting at a beach, reading. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment